About Me

My photo
When we do the best we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another. -- Helen Keller (1880-1968) American Writer

Followers

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

What I Learned

From my little friend I learned:
Never give up
To respect each child's intellect and teach to them at the highest level possible
Not to waste each precious school day moment that I have with each child
To question the need or validity of activities that may cause a child discomfort
(There is validity for some of them)
To encourage all staff in patience, empathy and understanding
To teach each child and meet their needs as a unique individual
To have each staff member say goodbye to each child individually each day
How much more precious each child is than I realized before (and I have always considered them precious)

No comments: