About Me

My photo
When we do the best we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another. -- Helen Keller (1880-1968) American Writer

Followers

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Keeping on schedule....  what a concept.  I am a fly by the seat of your pants, that sounds like fun woman.  This works well a lot of time with a well developed lesson plan/schedule.  However it all falls apart when I have fewer children to teach.  It feels then like I have unlimited time to work with, which we don't.  Things fall apart, things (sometimes important things) get forgotten.

Therefore:  it is my opinion and my experience that it is vital that we follow our class schedule/lesson time even if we only have one child.  Then that particular child gets the best day ever with total individualized attention and nothing he/she needs gets missed.  When we throw out the schedule because of fewer children it is that much more difficult to get back on task when all children attend.


No comments: